Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 1 NY

I spent a night on this farm in upstate NY, I arrived after 10p.m. and had little view of the farms surroundings. All I knew was the converted farm house I was going to be staying in for the night. A large room, which use to be the hay loft of the small barn on the estate. It was quite the frightful room in the dead of night, all alone and lying in a bed in the middle of the room staring towards two curtain-less french doors of dark abyss. All the while surrounded by small children's furniture. A small desk and chair in one corner and a child's rocking chair next to the bed. At any minute it was about to start rocking of it's own freewill. Though all I heard was silence, not a sound, except for the occasional animal scamper. The light left on.
I awoke though like I'd never slept better in my life. I have not woke feeling that good since summer days as a kid. Now I see everything in a different light and a different world. It was the most perfect picture of a farm. While unsure at night, I was in love by day.... these are my memories.









No comments:

Post a Comment